Never return to a lit firework urges paramedic chief
THE Welsh Ambulance Service (WAS) is urging people to take extra care during Bonfire Night celebrations.
Every November 5 paramedics deal with injuries due to incorrect firework handling and risk taking.
Mike Collins, of the WAS, said anyone hosting their own event must make safety a priority, with fireworks kept in a closed box and used one at a time.
Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
"It is easy to forget how dangerous fireworks, bonfires and even sparklers can be," said Mr Collins.