Three people in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning incident in Morriston
THREE people were taken to hospital and two cats died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning incident at a Swansea house early today.
Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called out to a farmhouse in the Morriston area just before 3.50am.
A fire service spokeswoman said there had been reports from the occupiers of sickness, believed to have been caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
"On arrival, crews used gas monitoring equipment to confirm the presence of the gas, which was being omitted by a coal-fired boiler," said the spokeswoman.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
"Two elderly occupiers, a male and a female, and one 16-year-old were administered oxygen therapy by fire crews until the arrival of ambulance personnel.
"Two cats which were present in the property died as a result of the gas.
"The casualties were conveyed to hospital via ambulance and fire crews ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
"The occupants have been advised not to return to the property until the appliances have been checked."
Training delivery manager Alan Sherman, who attended the incident, said: "Please make sure all domestic heating appliances are checked and maintained on a regular basis.
"Faulty appliances can have extremely serious consequences as this incident shows."