Woman is burned in blaze at house
A YOUNG woman in her 20s suffered burns to her hands at a house in Johnstown, Carmarthen, on Thursday night.
Firefighters from the town's Lime Grove Avenue fire station were called to the property at Parc y Ffordd off Llysonnen Road during the evening after a small fire broke out.
It is understood the woman suffered burns to both hands from either cooking or linseed oil.
She was taken to the town's Glangwili hospital for treatment.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
In a separate incident over the weekend, local fire crews were also called to Glangwili Hospital after a smell of burning was reported by staff in one of the units.
On arrival, shortly before midday on Sunday, two crews from the town found the source to be a refrigerator at the hospital's renal unit on the ground floor off Dolgwili Road.
The crew used dry powder on the refrigerator to eliminate any risk of fire.
The incident was confined to the room within the renal unit.
The firefighters ensured the area was made safe before leaving the scene a short time later.