VIDEO: Vet discovered pet Snickers was full of chippings
HER owners call her Snickers, "because she's nuts, totally full of it".
But it was actually something entirely different which have been filling the belly of the three-year-old sprocker spaniel from Gorseinon.
The bitch, a cross between a springer and cocker spaniel, belongs to Penyrheol pupil Ryan Jones, but is also a working dog who accompanies Ryan's dad on shoots in Gower.
However, when 12-year-old Ryan recently noticed something enlarging her belly, he suggested to dad Warren that she might be pregnant.
But the cause of the bloating turned out to be something completely different.
Landscaper Warren said: "It was over the bank holiday weekend.
"I knew she wasn't pregnant, but we could feel there was something in her belly.
"Ryan was really worried, and we had to take her to the vets, who said he was concerned something had gone into her intestine. So she had to have an operation".
What caused Snickers' belly to engorge was something which had been happening right in front the family's eyes.
The playful dog could regularly been seen chewing chippings from the driveway of the family home in Tirymynydd.
But instead of spitting them out, she had been swallowing them instead.
And when vet cut her open, he retrieved around 140 of the chippings from inside. Warren said: "We've always thought she was nuts, totally full of it, which is why we called her Snickers, after the chocolate bar.
"But we never expected her to actually swallow the stones.
"The operation cost a fair bit of money, but we had to have it done."
The operation was carried out by Susanne Ackroyd and Janet Mathews of Haven Vets, based in Gorseinon.
Suzanne said: "This was a bit unusual, it was a first for me.
"You could feel the stones grinding away.
"Fortunately the operation was not too difficult because they had gone straight into the stomach. If they had migrated through the bowel it would have been much more evasive.
"Fortunately, I understand that Snickers is doing well."