Test yourself with these GCSE exam questions
STUDENTS across the country are anxiously awaiting the results of their GCSE exams on Thursday.
But how would you do if you retook your exams today?
Below is a small selection of maths and science questions from hundreds set by exam board WJEC.
Give them a go and let us know how you got on.
1. Find the highest common factor of 90 and 105.
2. Rearrange the following formulae to make y the subject.
y2 – t = g
3. By factorising, solve the following quadratic equation.
8x2 + 18x – 5 = 0
4. What is a tropism?
5. State what is meant by a hydrocarbon.
6. The nearest star to our solar system is called Proxima Centauri. It is about four light years away. State what the term “four light years” means.
7. Name the chemical used to test for starch.
8. Give the electronic structure of sodium, Na.
9. State Newton’s first law of motion.
10. Sodium reacts vigorously with water. Give two observations you would make when a small piece of sodium is added to a trough of water.