Psychic denies hiding man in attic during ghost hunt
A PSYCHIC medium has denied allegations that he hid a man in the attic of a Llanelli hotel during a ghost hunt.
Paranormal sceptic and ghost hunt guest Mike Grimble, of Waunarlwydd, contacted the Post’s sister paper the Llanelli Star to tell his story of not-so-spooky goings-on.
The event, which took place last Friday at the Halfway Hotel — a venue well-known for its ghost tours — was hosted by psychic medium Chris Date.
A paid-for event, with no proceeds going to charity, the tour was attended by 14 guests, including professional mediums.
Mr Grimble alleged that when the guests were in the stables area of the hotel trying to contact the spirit world, Mr Date asked for two knocks to answer a question.
Two knocks were heard from the ceiling above.
Halfway Hotel owner Paul Francis has made claims about what happened next to the Star.
Mr Francis said: “A member of staff and a member of the public wanted to see if someone came down [from the attic where the knocking was coming from].
“Twenty minutes went by and this guy jumped down.”
He alleged that Mr Date had hidden the man in the attic.
He said: “Our staff grabbed the guy and threw him out.”
Mr Grimble said that when confronted, the man had claimed to be homeless and had nothing to do with the ghost hunt — but Mr Grimble claimed he was wearing designer jeans.
It was alleged that Mr Date then went to speak to his crew and shortly after left the hotel in his car.
Mr Grimble said: “In life the only certainty, other than being born, is death. Billions of people have a religion and whichever creed or race they are, all are looking for the same thing — that there’s something else after death.
“People who are looking for answers could be vulnerable.”
The Star approached Mr Date — who performs under the name Knight Guider — about the event and asked him about the allegations that had been made.
He said: “Absolutely, on my children’s lives, no. It was nothing to do with me, because that is one of the reasons that I left.
“I take what I am doing very seriously.
“It was a ghost hunt. No mediumship was promised — it’s a fun ghost tour around the hotel.
“The knocking did not sound like what I am used to. I said on several occasions that it was odd, the noise was too extreme.
“I have got a very good track record. It’s disgusting, I would never do that.”
Mr Francis said that in the seven to eight years the Halfway Hotel has been hosting ghost hunts he had never experienced anything like that before.
Mr Francis added that since Friday, other paranormal groups have phoned in and booked events at the Halfway offering free entry to any unsatisfied customers from Friday night.