Mix-up could have led to death
A SWANSEA man may have become "confused" about his medication and unintentionally taken a fatal overdose, an inquest has heard.
Ross Jones, 29, was found dead in the house he shared with his mother in Vernon Street, Hafod, in the run-up to Christmas last year.
An inquest heard the former Pentrehafod School pupil was on a "cocktail" of drugs for depression and anxiety, as well as digestion problems — he weighed 28 stone.
On December 21 he told his mother he had flu-like symptoms, but the following day she found him dead on the floor in his bedroom.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
A post-mortem found "therapeutic" levels of medication in his system along with two-thirds of the fatal level of codeine, and twice the fatal level of the anti-psychotic medication olanzapine.
Returning a finding of accidental death, coroner Philip Rogers said: "There is no evidence that Ross intended to harm himself.
"Ross was not feeling very well in the days before he died and was taking over the counter medication — I think it likely he became confused about what he was taking."