Llwynhendy pensioner saved after grill pan fire
A LLWYNHENDY pensioner was saved by firefighters after a grill blaze poured smoke into his home.
Fire crews evacuated the man in his 90s from the two-storey property on Nantwen, off Parc Richard, after attending at around 7.30pm last Tuesday.
A spokesman for Mid and West Wales Fire Service said: "The property was smoke-logged and the crews weren't sure the property was empty."
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Entering the house using breathing apparatus, the crew extinguished the flames.
They located the elderly man and took him safely from the building.
An ambulance service spokesman said that they had received a call from the fire service at 8pm.
He added: "An elderly male patient was given oxygen therapy and treated at the scene."