Hamsters and 25 more bizarre excuses for not coming into work
THE number of sickness days taken by staff at Neath Port Talbot Council has fallen.
But those sickies just don't stop coming.
And neither do the excuses.
So here are 25 funny, odd and bizarre reasons given to bosses for why their staff can not come into work.
Use them at your peril.
1. A can of baked beans landed on my big toe.
2. I was swimming too fast and smacked my head on the poolside.
3. I’ve been bitten by an insect.
4. My car handbrake broke and it rolled down the hill into a lamppost.
5. My dog has had a big fright and I don’t want to leave him.
6. My hamster has died.
7. I’ve injured myself during sex.
8. I slipped on a coin.
9. I’ve had a sleepless night.
10. My mum has died (this was the second time the person used this excuse).
11. I am hallucinating.
12. I am stuck in my house because the door’s broken.
13. My new girlfriend bit me in a delicate place.
14. I burned my hand on the toaster.
15. The dog ate my shoes.
16. My fish is sick.
17. I swallowed white spirit.
18. My toe is trapped in the bath tap.
19. I’m in A&E as I got a clothes peg stuck on my tongue.
20. I drank too much and fell asleep on someone’s floor – I don’t know where I am.
21. My trousers split on the way to work.
22. I’m using a new contact lens solution and my eyes are watering.
23. I have a blocked nose.
24. I’ve had a hair dye disaster.
25. I’ve got a sore finger.