Funniest joke at the Edinburgh Fringe - but can you do better?
A CHOCOLATE bar-related joke has been named the Edinburgh Fringe’s funniest.
The gag by Rob Auton was one of 20 shortlisted by a group of comedy experts before it was put to the fans' vote.
The 30-year-old from York, who has been doing stand-up since 2008, won 24 per cent of the votes for his one-liner: “I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.”
Mr Auton said: “I am honoured to receive this award and just pleased that a joke that tackles the serious issue of the invention of a new chocolate bar can be laughed at by the people of Britain.”
TOP 10 FUNNIEST JOKES FROM THE FRINGE FESTIVAL 2013:
1. Rob Auton - “I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.”
2. Alex Horne - “I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying.”
3. Alfie Moore - “I'm in a same-sex marriage... the sex is always the same.”
4. Tim Vine - “My friend told me he was going to a fancy dress party as an Italian island. I said to him ‘Don’t be Sicily’.”
5. Gary Delaney - “I can give you the cause of anaphylactic shock in a nutshell.”
6. Phil Wang - “The Pope is a lot like Doctor Who. He never dies, just keeps being replaced by white men.”
7. Marcus Brigstocke - “You know you are fat when you hug a child and it gets lost.”
8. Liam Williams - “The universe implodes. No matter.”
9. Bobby Mair - “I was adopted at birth and have never met my mum. That makes it very difficult to enjoy any lapdance.”
10. Chris Coltrane - “The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately.”
DO you have a better joke? Tell us by posting it below.