Dwight Tiendalli offered new Swansea City deal and wins first senior Netherlands call-up
DWIGHT Tiendalli has been given double cause for celebration after he was offered a new contract by Swansea City and called up to the Netherlands squad for the first time.
A former Netherlands Under-21 international, the full-back has been included in the senior set-up for next month’s friendlies against Indonesia and China, alongside club team-mates Michel Vorm and Jonathan de Guzman.
It is reward for Tiendalli’s fine form for Swansea since joining from FC Twente on a free transfer in September.
Tiendalli’s current deal expires this summer, but he held discussions with the Swans last week about extending his stay.
The 27-year-old admitted he was still unsure about his future following Sunday’s final game of the season against Fulham, but he is eager to stay at the Liberty Stadium.
“I’ve said it before I like it here. I like the players and they like me and I want to stay, so if the feeling is good on both sides then we will see,” said Tiendalli.
“I think I showed I did okay in my first season in the Premier League.
“I think I picked up the season quickly and I look back at a good season.
“My agent and my brother are dealing with everything and I’m not sure what the latest is with the situation, I only know they’ve spoken to the club and we will see.”