10 things to do in South Wales this weekend, January 10-13
1. Pontardawe Arts Centre celebrates its new 3D digital cinema with an open day at the centre on Saturday, between 1pm and 4pm. Cinematic treats on offer there over the next few days include Skyfall, Frankenweeie and The Hobbit and there are groups, classes and other events lined up too.
2. Youngsters can make a scene at Swansea's National Waterfront Museum on Saturday and Sunday with a 2D cut out animation event. Children aged seven and above can create their own wildlife-inspired character using collage materials, then learn to bring it to life using animation. If you want to take part places must be booked ahead, with the sessions running at 11.30am on both days.
3. The Phantom of the Opera is still roaming at Cardiff’s Wales Millennium Centre, with the popular spectacular coming to a close on Saturday. The Cameron Mackintosh production stars Earl Carpenter and Katie Hall, summoning up high drama, romance, tragedy and any number of high notes. The action begins at 7.30pm with a 2.30pm show too on Saturday.
4. Pick up a curio or a collector’s piece at the Derwen Antiques Fair, on at Llanarthne’s National Botanic Garden on Saturday and Sunday. On a horticultural theme there will be a snowdrop sale there throughout the month too, while stocks last.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
5. Llanelli’s new theatre, Y Ffwrnes, has opened in a blaze of glory, with familiar faces on the town’s amateur dramatic scene, The Friendship Theatre the first to tread the newly fitted boards, with their production of Aladdin.
The traditional, family show continues at the Eastern Gateway site until Sunday, January 20.
Any youngsters aged 8 to 16 years who would like to take part can go along on the night.
6. AC/DC tribute act TNT plug in tomorrow at Swansea’s Garage, in the Uplands, from 9pm.
7. The Royal Institution of South Wales begins its 2013 series of illustrated lectures at Swansea Museum today with Professor Huw Bowen presenting Cu @ Swansea — the future of the Lower Swansea Valley's Past.